4th Quarter Junior Timeline
- Start a file for each of your top career or college choices.
- Begin your search for scholarship and grant opportunities.
- Research worthy summer jobs, internships or scholarship opportunities.
- Don't let those grades drop.
- Meet with your counselor to determine the best course schedule for you to take your senior year to meet your needs.
- Register for the May and/or June SAT if you still need one or wish to retake it. Request that your scores be sent to the colleges of your choice as well as to West (West's code is 020000).
- Consider visiting some colleges on your list.
- Identify teacheres or staff who you may want to ask to write a letter of recommendation for you.
- Take your AP Exams, and possibly SAT subject tests, if you have taken AP courses.
- Finalize your summer plans.
- Keep pushing until the very end to earn the best grades you can.
- Practice writing personal essays using this year's prompts from schools, programs of interest to you, and/or the Common Application.